Subject: Re: Testing my 5000/25
To: Mauricio <supremedalek@hotpop.com>
From: Henry R. Bent <hbent@cs.oberlin.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/13/2003 01:08:08
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Mauricio wrote:

> 	In the PC world there are tons of programs to test a PC and
> see its floating point/integer/whatever capabilities.  How do to that
> with my 5000/25?

Do you want speed numbers or precision numbers?  I'm confused.  In any
case, I always start my benchmarkings at ftp://ftp.nosc.mil/pub/aburto and
go from there.  I don't have any clue who Al Aburto is, but he sure can
collect timer routines for portability. ^_^

There are pkgsrc distributions of these benchmarks, but playing with
compiler flags yourself is the point of benchmarking.  Find out what works
fastest on your box.

--
Henry Bent
hbent@cs.oberlin.edu