Subject: Re: MI tape problem
To: None <daniel@bicho.synchrodesign.com, entropy@tappedin.com>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@bicho.synchrodesign.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/26/2003 12:03:33
Your command worked (it should say 'setblk' instead of 'stblk').
These tapes have been generated with a simple tar command, e.g.

tar cv ...

so they are supposed to be 512-byte fixed blocks, right?
Sometimes the console message is (instead of 20 blocks residual):

st0: block wrong size, 4 blocks residual
st0(xasc0:5:0): Sense Key 0x05, data = 07 00 00 00 00 00

I made an experiment to reboot the system with 1.4.2 and the tape
can be read with 'tar' without problems. Could be something
related to the MI scsi interface?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dan