Subject: Re: 1.4.3 upgrade base package fails
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/13/2001 19:44:46
Manuel Bouyer skrev:

>On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 12:02:51AM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
>> No, I've managed to all but forget about that mechanism in UNIX FSes.
>> Still, I deleted src/sys, shouldn't that free up a whole lot of inodes?

>Yes it should. But maybe there's a lot of new files too.
>Also remember that for files that are open (most likely executables and
>shared libs in your case), the inode and assiciated blocks are not freed
>until the file is closed.

>Did you check the filesystem with fsck ? Did you check lost+found ?

The FSes are fscked automatically before they're mounted. Lost+found is nearly
empty.
However, through extrapolation of some advice on another list, I found out
that somewhere along the road, / (md0a) goes from 99% to 100% full. I deleted
/etc/*pwd*, gaining some 80 k of free space, and now the extraction worked.
Does this warrant a "pr"?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Allt är under kontroll, och caps lock är bredvid.