Subject: Keyboard hookup or pinouts?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Horton <bighorton@home.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/01/2000 01:47:57
I have just picked up a DECStation 5000/240 at an auction.  By my research,
it's got 40Mb RAM, the PMAG-B, and a couple of SCSI drives to play with.
Also came with the 17" Trinitron monitor, SCSI Cables, Terminator, Video
Cable, etc.  What it did NOT come with is a keyboard or mouse.  I have an
LK201 keyboard and a hocky-puck mouse (forget model) from another machine,
but they have an MMJ and a strange Mini-DIN connector, respectively.  The
port on the 5000 is a DB-15, of course.

What do I do now?  I've been hunting the net for a couple of days, and I've
ready back through several months of this list's archives, to no avail.
No-one's talking about these connectors, or adapters, or pinouts for
what-have-you.  Does this thing use a different cable from the keyboard, or
just an adapter-plug-thingie?  I understand that both the mouse and the
keyboard are somehow supposed to connect to that one DB-15 port...

I've successfully switched it to the serial console, but I was kinda hoping
to go back to the regular console, as I have this gorgeous monitor and the
PMAG card, which are supposedly supported in X...

TIA for any help/advise..

Scott

Scott Horton
111 E. Forest Ave