Subject: Threads
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Schoedel <schoedel@kw.igs.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/12/1999 02:29:30
This message is to inquire about the state of threads on PMAX, and
potentially to offer assistance to anyone working on it.

I'm about to begin work on an application for which MySQL appears to be
the best choice, but it needs threads. The alternatives -- setting up a
different machine, or dealing with PostgreSQL's large-objects interface
-- would each take me a few extra evenings' work, so if any thread
library is that close to working, I'd rather work on that.

I don't want to duplicate effort that has already been made. I have
sufficient assembler experience (not MIPS specifically, but I have
manuals) to handle low-level issues. If anyone wants my help, ideally I'd
like a state dump and either general pointers on what remains to be done,
or else specific directions if you'd prefer me to do specific work for
you.
--
Kevin Schoedel
schoedel@kw.igs.net