Subject: re: Once its up...
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/10/1999 07:18:24
Ok, I pulled the Maxine apart..unplugged every cable and such..
made sure all was well there...vacuumed it out carefully...then
carefully cleaned the edge connectors on the memory modules...
the voltages are ok..put'er back together and the 1st boot was a
collasal failure...four different seg faults occured, and it ended
up in the debugger..

Now, that was after it had been up and running ok for several hours
before I shut it down to take it apart.

Once it did boot up successfully, it ran all day and I did a shutdown
late last nite.

This morning, for the 1st time in over a week, it started up cleanly...
or so I thought...

I soon found out that it wouldn't launch X...seems the framebuffer
wasn't there...tried some commands and the network was fine...not sure
where to turn at that point, so I do a reboot..

this time, it ends in the debugger....trap on load/store in kernel mode
damn!

power off for a few seconds, then back on and she's up all the way and
now the X desktop is there, and all seems to be quite ok..

!%&)(!..?
Paul