Subject: Re: huh?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/03/1999 11:52:54
Bill,

Ok, I actually rebooted the thing...and, when mountd ran at boot it
did the same thing...its bitchin' about my syntax in the exports file..
It actually does do the mount...

So, what happens is, every time mountd is started, it hollers about
my exports file...here's what it says..

"Oct   3 11:38:35 maxmin mountd[131]: "/etc /home", line 4: filesystem
ids disagree"

Ya, I know, not good to export those  :)  but I did it so I could use
tools on another system to correct some things that I couldn't get to
at the time on the pmax itself...

this is the line 4:

/etc /home    -maproot=root  -network 192.168.210 -mask 255.255.255.0

which is essentiall exactly as an example in the man page suggests it
be done...

it doesn't work as it is, as I'm sure you'd expect...and originally
(before I saw the man page example) I had two separate lines for the
exported filesystems, which did work.

Paul