Subject: doc bugs; garbled output on maxine serial console
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/24/1999 22:24:26
So, I now find myself in posession of a maxine.

I'm trying to netboot it using a serial console.

The pmax install notes state that some systems may not be able to tftp
boot the RAMDISK-based install kernel.  There should probably be some
mention of the fact that (at least as distributed on ftp.netbsd.org)
this install kernel is ELF and the roms only deal with ECOFF objects.

Booting the ECOFF NFS-root-based install kernel got a lot further; it
successfully configures a bunch of devices, and then serial output is
garbled.  Some experimentation (e.g., typing echo foo>/tmp/bar and
then looking on the NFS server) shows that serial input is OK, but
output is completely garbled once autoconf is over.

Anyone see this happen before?  Is there any additional information I
can provide?  Should I just send-pr all this?

					- Bill