Subject: netboot-problems (again...)
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Pedro Gonnet <pgonnet@student.ethz.ch>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/13/1999 23:04:03
hi guys

i realy messed up the installation on my 5000/200 so i decided to redo
the whole thing. did sysinst off a boot-image, copied in an
.ecoff-kernel and rebooted. stupid me forgot the bootblock-thing...

the first time i got the machine off the ground (about a month ago), i
netbooted it off a linux box, so i tried the same thing again and got
this

	>>boot 6/tftp n
	1358080?IO: 6/tftp, tmout
	?IO: 6/tftp, a.out err (-5)

i tried different combinations of tftp and stuff, the connection is
established, the linux-box starts transmitting and somewhere down the
line the transmission dies off and a couple of seconds later i get the
tmout-line.

any suggestions what this could be? tftp works (tried "tftp localhost")
and the message-log on linux shows that it connected, but otherwise i
have no idea what could be wrong...

thanks in advance

pedro