Subject: Re: one more xdm problem
To: None <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/29/1999 22:42:52
>Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:40:25 -0800 (PST)
>From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
>
>On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Nik Ingle wrote:
>
>> I have included in the rc file the 'set -m' and 'set +m' around the xdm
>> line as mentioned.
>
>I thought it was a set +m before xfs. ?? If it works...

No, you're mistaken.  "set -m" enables job control, and "set +m"
disables it.  xfs seems to work properly on pmax only when job control
is enabled.

>> Do I also need to change:
>>
>> console "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   unknown on secure
>>
>> in the /etc/ttys file to off?
>
>Yes.

I believe you're also mistaken here, unless something has changed
in the past year to make this necessary.  The only pmax of mine that
uses xdm is running 1.3.0 and works just fine with the console enabled
in /etc/ttys.

Cheers,
entropy