Subject: Re: Netbooting a DECStation 5000/25 from Linux.
To: Douglas S. Meade <doug@inforum2.umd.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/31/1998 12:05:14
On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Douglas S. Meade wrote:

> Dec 29 17:40:34 inforum2 bootpd[1005]: bootfile="/tftpboot/netbsd.joe"
>
> The bootfile I am using, which I have named netbsd.joe, is a stripped down
> version of the kernel, that I tried after failing with the larger kernels.

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but I think that some ROM versions
have a problem with file names 16 characters long. Try making the kernel
name n.joe. Also, I think you need to netboot the ecoff version of the
kernel (netbsd.ecoff) (*).

(*) Kinda gross. The bootloader only knows about a.out, the netbooter
ecoff, and the OS uses elf. 8-O

Take care,

Bill