Subject: Re: file handles
To: Chris Jones <cjones@honors.montana.edu>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/06/1998 18:23:15
        MAXUSERS can be used to affect the default in NetBSD, from
        /sys/conf/conf/param.c:

            #ifndef NPROC
            #define NPROC (20 + 16 * MAXUSERS)
            #endif
            int     maxfiles = 3 * (NPROC + MAXUSERS) + 80;

        Also sysctl can be used to tune the current value dynamically
        (sysctl -w kern.maxfiles=N)

        Hmm... it should probably be tunable specifically at compile
        time...

		David/absolute

	  -=-  Maybe your misinterpretation of my actions is
	      in conflict with your misconception of who I am  -=-