Subject: Re: Problems booting new 1.3 kernel
To: Bill Harris <billh@airmail.net>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/12/1998 15:52:15
> I plan to install NetBSD 1.3 with tarballs onto the 500 meg, move the
> drive over to my mac's scsi chain, then use Adaptec's Toast CD authoring
> software to build a disk image and then write it to a new CD.  I can also
> do a SCSI to SCSI copy as mentioned before, but I'm not sure which method
> will give me a better chance at building a "bootable" NetBSD 1.3 CD?

Toast almost certainly won't produce anything that is bootable, unless
you can copy an entire SCSI disk to the CD.   If you can do that,
that's the way to go.   Otherwise, cdrecord might work.   A direct
SCSI-to-SCSI copy won't work because you have to tell the drive you're
going to write a CD before you can start writing it.

			       _MelloN_