Port-next68k archive

Status of the next68k port (SCSI controller/disk)?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently (with great help from the main previous developer)
trying to get NetBSD to run on the Previous NeXT emulator.

We already identified and fixed a bug in the DMA setup that kept
the NetBSD network bootloader from receiving packets. Now,
the (current) kernel boots, but crashes/complains when trying to
mount the root fs from either SCSI or via NFS.

Before we continue to spend time on debugging the SCSI
emulation in Previous (which works for NeXTstep), I would love
to have an update about the state of NetBSD hardware
support for the platform.

The port page at http://www.de.netbsd.org/ports/next68k/
lists the "esp; On-board ESP100A SCSI" controller as supported
whereas the most recent (9.3) install instructions [1] list
"Disk interfaces - on-board SCSI interface and disks" under
the heading "Unsupported hardware".

One of these statements seems to be incorrect - but which one?

Best,
    Michael

[1] https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.3/next68k/INSTALL.html#Unsupported%20hardware