Subject: Re: SCSI support
To: Goran Koruga <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Limpach <chris@Pin.LU>
List: port-next68k
Date: 06/06/2002 01:44:17
Hi!

> I have tried it. Unfortunately this one is even worse ;(. See attached
> file - it scrolls so fast I can't even see anything.

yes...  this happens when you don't stop the boot process early enough and
scsi is tried before you boot from the network and the netbsd kernel has no
scsi support at all...  It's kinda weird since all unused interrupts should
be masked out but somehow they're not...

> > If you can build a kernel, then you could also try a kernel with SCSI
> > but with the panic commented out, it's in
> > sys/arch/next68k/dev/mb8795.c around line 1066.
>
> That may well be. I have always used generic kernel from netbsd.org.
> I doubt I can compile the kernel right now since generic kernel doesn't
> even work.

I have changed the panic to a debugging printf in the kernels I just put
online at:
ftp://lola.pin.lu:21/pub/NetBSD/arch/next68k/scsi/scsi-06-06-current-05-20
Btw, you can also cross-build kernels and it's quite easy with a toolchain
generated by build.sh in the top directory of the complete source tree.

> As for reproducing it - I don't have any special means to do it. I just
> power it on, boot it and wait 10 - 20 minutes and it goes boom.

I'm going to put some more traffic on the segment where my nexts are and see
if it happens here...

     christian