Subject: Fw: Re: SCSI support
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Goran Koruga <goran.koruga@hermes.si>
List: port-next68k
Date: 05/30/2002 11:26:39
Hi.

I sent this to Christian only earlier , apologies for that.

> The code is not yet ready to be commited but I'd like to have other
> people give it a try and see if it works on other machines.  It works
> for me on a mono-slab and a color-slab with various scsi-disks
> (various sizes/speeds/ages) and with a zip-drive (after removing dust
> ;-)).
>
> I've built two kernels:
> ftp://lola.pin.lu:21/pub/NetBSD/arch/next68k/scsi/scsi-05-29-current-05-20/
> SCSI - with DDB and console support
> SCSIK - with kgdb (on port B) and serial console support (on port A)

Has anyone else tried this ? Any success ?

I have tried the snapshot from netbsd.org in NetBSD-daily dir and your
SCSI kernel with console support. It worked for a while, then I get the
following error :

xe0: out of receive DMA buffers

and it drops me into debugger. It does detect the disk though, and
disklabel -e -I sd0 showed some useful values (it crashed while I had
that in vi). uname -a reports the following :

NetBSD next 1.5ZX NetBSD 1.5ZC (SCSI) #0 Wed May 29 01:44:51 CEST 2002
chris@marble:/devel/netbsd/current-scsi/sys/arch/next68k/compile/SCSI
next68k

Machine is 25Mhz mono, and I am net-booting it for the moment (bootp and
NFS server are on Linux).

> You'll probably need an updated bootloader since the old one can't
> load ELF kernels:
> ftp://lola.pin.lu:21/pub/NetBSD/arch/next68k/snapshot/20020520-current/insta
> llation/net/boot

Is this specifically for booting from disk ?

Thanks,
    Goran

--

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
    -- Frank Zappa