Re: Building a macppc bootable USB image

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 20:56:27 +0000, David Brownlee wrote:

> Technically it should be possible to generate an image which could be
> written to a USB device and booted for a large chunk of macppc
> machines, and would make it very much easier for people to try and
> install NetBSD/macppc.

Searching seems to indicate that it seems to be possible, though not
"officially supported".

I think I briefly tried to but was not successful, when I did
experiments with my g4 mini, but I don't seem to have any notes so
this might be false memories.  May be it needs the apple pmap, not
MBR, so I might have given up at that point.

-uwe