Re: install on PowerBook - no root partition defined

Hi Martin

Martin Husemann wrote:
On Tue, Oct 03, 2023 at 11:40:44PM +0000, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Then
1) reinstall sets
2) select wd0

then I get:

"No root partition defined. Cannot continue"
Which version are you trying to install?

NetBSD 9.3 macppc (verified the name of the ISO I burned).

Does the installer look for the fstab inside the created wd0a partition? or does it look for a specific parition, e.g. wd0b?

Not related with this issue, but to the bootloader in general: do I need to have a small HFS or FAT partition to hold ofwboot.xcf in the final setup? Rethinking, I probably do. It is not that well explained in the documentation, but can be inferred.

I have currently wd0a root and wd0b swap - nothing else. Apple partition map left intact using pdisk.

Riccardo