Trouble booting off hard disk on iBook G4

Hello

I try to boot NetBSD 9.2 on an iBook G4.

A CD with ofwboot.xcf and netbsd.macppc boots fine from OpenFirmware with
boot cd:,\ofwbot.xcf netbsd.macppc

The hard disk has an HFS partition with ofwboot.xcf on the root, and
a NetBSD FFS partition that contains netbsd.macppc. I try to boot with
boot hd:,\ofwbot.xcf netbsd.macppc

ofwboot.xcf find and loads the kernel, which then hangs after displaying
a single line about lack of ADB support, assumoing USB keyboard.

I am a bit surprised that the same ofwboot.xcf/netbsd.macppc can load
from cd and not from hd. What am I doing wrong?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost