Re: G4 (quicksilver?) PSU dying

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 02:00:47PM -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> > On Dec 11, 2020, at 7:27 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > it seems the power supply in my dual G4 mac is dying
>
> Have you characterized the failure mode?  Might be worth attempting to repair it.

I have not disassembled it yet. The only easily measurable data points are
from a spare hard disk connector: +12V is fine, +5V is low (4.6 - 4.8V) but
relatively stable even in the second it shuts down. When it shut down it often
will not power up again in the next few minutes.

I'll disassemble it and check for obviously leaked elcos and similar.

Martin