Re: radeonfb vs. Mac Mini

Hello,

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 17:14:07 +0100
Sevan Janiyan <venture37%geeklan.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> I installed the latest snapshot from head for macppc on my 10,1 mini.
> With the dvi->vga adapter, everything works fine as usual.

Ok, so at least I didn't break that.

> If I switch to a DVI connection, from the monitor to mini, I get nothing.

No signal or dark monitor?

> Once my system is up, if I SSH-in and run startx, the display tries to
> come up & see a fuzzy X session before the monitor switches off.

Ok, that matches what Valery got.

> [   847.134] (EE) model PowerMac10,1
> [   847.134] (==) RADEON(0): Detected Mac Mini with integrated DVI.

This is what I wanted to see - the model is detected correctly...

> [   847.154] (II) RADEON(0): Port0:
> [   847.155]   XRANDR name: DVI-0
> [   847.155]   Connector: DVI-I
> [   847.155]   CRT2: INTERNAL_DAC2
> [   847.155]   DFP1: INTERNAL_TMDS1
> [   847.155]   DDC reg: 0x6c
> [   847.155] (II) RADEON(0): Port1:
> [   847.155]   XRANDR name: S-video
> [   847.155]   Connector: S-video
> [   847.156]   TV1: INTERNAL_DAC2
> [   847.156]   DDC reg: 0x0

... and the workaround is enabled as intended. Leaves the question why
it doesn't work. Just to be sure - do you get anything different with
the updated Xorg driver but genfb instead of radeonfb in the kernel?
( I don't expect you to, other than a usable console on boot, but who
knows. Also, would be nice to know if the driver restores the hardware
to a working console on exit )

Also, do you get anything useful when playing with Option "MacModel"
"mini-external'? Or any of the other supported options ( see man radeon
) ?

Finally, please build a kernel with radeonfb and options
RADEONFB_DEBUG, run it with the DVI monitor and mail me all the debug
spam that will dump into the message buffer ( which will be a lot ).
With that I should be able to determine how exactly the port is wired
up by OF and hopefully replicate that in radeonfb.

have fun
Michael