NetBSD under VM - ntpd doesn't do the job

Not a PPC problem, but I wonder if anyone knows....

Are there any options in NetBSD that will make the clock behave better
when the maching is a VM? I'm running an x86 NetBSD 6 VM and it runs
fine, but the clock drifts pretty badly.

Linux's clock is rock solid as a VM. I have read that the difference is
that linux handles the HW clock in a "VM-friendly" way.

What are my options for NetBSD?

Thanks,

-dgl-