Re: boot from network, use local filesystem

> Is it posible to load the bootloader and kernel from network, and
> then mount a local partition (/dev/wd0a) as root filesystem?

I don't remember enough about your particular case to say whether it is
for you, but, in general, yes, this is possible.  You may need to boot
with the option to prompt for root device (-a in my experience; I don't
recall whether it's -a on macppc or not) - or build a kernel with a
custom "root on" clause in its config - or use an autoconfigred-as-root
RAID (which need not actually provide any redundancy) to steal root
from where it would default to.

\ / Ribbon Campaign