Subject: Console colours
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Magnus Henoch <mange@freemail.hu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/16/2007 18:51:57
My involuntary X-ile has forced me to explore the console more closely.
(i.e., -current and X.org seem not to like eachother; still trying to
debug it)  At login, TERM is set to vt100, and neither lynx nor emacs
display colours; I get black text on white background.

However, inside screen both lynx and emacs display colours.  They try to
display (mostly) white text on black background, but succeed only
partly; it seems that they expect areas not painted to be black already,
and thus leave them white.

What is the correct TERM setting for the macppc console?  How can my
programs be told that the console has a white background?

Magnus