Subject: Re: Ummm...
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
From: pancake <pancake@phreaker.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/11/2005 14:25:30
I had the same problem in an x86 box, and was a RAM problem, I used to buy Kingston and everything goes right.

At the beggining this machine was a FreeBSD, and RAM problems was converted in DMA errors that were simultaneus converted into write garbage in the disk. I tried netbsd there, and when rebuilding the entire system I get some gcc segfaults and kernelpanics in pmap and vm functions.

pmap and vm are functions that directly access to the RAM. I changed to another RAM and everything goes right.

I think this would be the problem...but talking about macppc...I'm sure if this is the problem, or it's just a kernel bug.