Subject: Sonnet G4/350 PCI upgrade card
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/25/2005 13:21:11
Hi,

I've recently gotten a Sonnet G4 /350 PCI Upgrade card for my 7300 and I am
not having the greatest luck getting it to work.

It boots, and runs for a while, but, once I load it down (say start a
 build.sh and untar a file from a nfs disk) it crashes.  It never seems to
crash with the same result and things like the compiler start segfaulting
and gzip complains about bad CRCs.

It could be bad memory, I guess, but I've swapped the memory in and out
and it all seems ok.  I don't have MacOS so I didn't ever load the
Sonnet install diskettes, that might be the problem.  I also thought
maybe it might be network traffic but that turns out not to be the case.

I'm running current built with -mtune=7400 (both kernel and userland)
and I also have a kernel built -mcpu=7400 with the L2 cache turned
on.

Am I missing something obvious, or, is this just a case where sometimes
a PCI upgrade just doesn't work.

Thanks very any ideas in advance!

cheers

bruce