Subject: Re: MacOS and NetBSD on one hard drive
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: zeta.orionis <zeta.orionis@gmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/22/2005 16:57:17
Partitions of a single drive act like separate drives. I think the
install notes say that OS 9 and NetBSD can't coexist on a single
_partition_.

You can set the powerbook up (through OF) to boot automatically to OS
9, to NetBSD, or to to stop at OF each time for you to tell it what to
boot. The procedure is in the install notes.

Everything can be on the hard drive, but the bootloader has to go on
the OS 9 (HFS/HFS+) partition. You might have to copy it there
manually. I couldn't boot after installing till I tried this (spent
hours trying different boot commands before realising the problem).

If you get X working, I'd love a copy of your XF86Config file.