Subject: Re: Building NetBSD on macppc.
To: None <unlisted-recipients>
From: Bartek Krawczyk <bkrawczyk@op.pl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/12/2005 14:22:04
Good news. I've finally build NetBSD 2.0.2_STABLE. It's running fine but
unfortunately I had to unset -mcpu & -mtune flags in mk.conf. I've also
disabled altivec so I don't know if the build will give mi any
performance boost... I've noticed some errors while building the
toolchaing with -mabi=altivec -maltivec. I'll send them next time I'll
be building NetBSD. Maybe that's the cause? I don't know why it didn't
want to build even with -mcpu and -mtune set to "powerpc" and not
"7450". It just crashed with a missing file or lately on building sshd -
with _no_error_ except the one saying that the build failed. I can't
paste tat "error" now, sorry.

So stay tuned ;)
regards,
--