Subject: Re: upgrading bootblocks
To: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/2004 20:19:33
OK, what or how this happened makes no sense to me, so I dunno.

I removed the FWB JackHammer from my system and put in an Adaptec
2930CU in it's place. Same problem. Take out the adaptec card, it
boots. Somehow these two scsi cards prevented me from booting from an
IDE hd on the internal controller. The FWB card has no fcode driver so
how it interjected itself into a raw read from the ide HD is beyond me.
I'm guessing these cards are doing some kind of weird mapping or IRQ
mojo. The only thing I changed was removing the scsi card from slot 3.
Weird.