Subject: Re: Interrupts and many slot machines
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Kelly <hockey@dialectronics.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/2004 19:51:09
At 7:29 PM -0500 12/11/04, Michael wrote:
>Hmm, I wonder if AIX uses this - the 300MHz 604e here remains remarkably
>cool ( just a tiny heatsink ).
>But this reminds me of something else - NetBSD can measure the temperature
>of the G3 in my S900 but not of the G4 in my iBook - is there no thermal
>sensor in a G4? Or is the interface different?

There's a note in powerpc/oea/cpu_subr.c

#if NSYSMON_ENVSYS > 0
/*
 * Attach MPC750 temperature sensor to the envsys subsystem.
 * XXX the 74xx series also has this sensor, but it is not
 * XXX supported by Motorola and may return values that are off by
 * XXX 35-55 degrees C.
 */
if (vers == MPC750 || vers == IBM750FX)
      cpu_tau_setup(ci);