Subject: Re: 604e vs. 604ev (was Re: results of the IRC debug patch)
To: netbsd-macppc <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2004 07:41:48
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 11:48:21AM -0500, Michael wrote:

> Well, as I said, on my iBook NetBSD lives happily in a UFS partition, no problems at all to access it from OSX. Didn't try soft dependencies yet though.

softdeps don't actually change the structure of the UFS on disk though, right?
it just changes the way the kernel/driver schedules writes and such.  or am
i completely off base?

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."