Subject: Re: results of the IRC debug patch
To: None <hockey@dialectronics.com>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/04/2004 08:18:21
Hello,

> > - the kernel still thinks I have a 604ev processor, while my 200mhz
> > upgrade card can only be a 604e.
> Shouldn't matter as long as it doesn't try to use non-existent cache, after all the 604ev is (as far as I know) only a 604e with a G3-style backside cache.
>
> Here's my dmesg output with Tim's patch. All virqs from 1-f are used, USB stopped working ( device problem on blah, disabling port
> for a mouse and a keyboard which worked before ) for some reason but that may be unrelated.

Well, it /is/ related.

this change
#if 0
	if (virq[irq])
		return virq[irq];
#endif
leads to everything behind the PCI bridge ( and all the USB controllers ) in my S900 which share IRQ 25 getting an own virq assigned which apparently doesn't work - changing the #if 0 to 1 or removing it allows USB to work again.

have fun
Michael