Subject: Re: compiler problems with analog-5.32
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Don Lee <MacPPC@caution.icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/19/2004 07:57:41
Analog segfaults.  The little debugging I've done hints that an array pointer
that is passed in is 1 (as in, a very small positive integer, rather than
something larger, as expected).  When I use the analog binary (a.out) from
my "old" system, it works fine.  Both are built from the exact same sources.
The difference is the environment, and the compiler is most suspect.  I tried to
recompile with "-O0" and "-g" to coax the compiler to generate more
conservative code, but this seemed to make no difference.

I'm building from the analog sources directly from www.analog.cx.  This
is habit for me, as I've done for years.

I'm trying to put together a production machine, and 2.0 is not ready for
prime time, yet, so I'm not willing to go the 2.0 route.

I'm looking for a way forward, and hoping that there are plans to upgrade
the compiler.  I realize that the 2.95.x gcc is "cursed", but I can ask, no?

-dgl-