Subject: Re: More NetBSD 2.0 problems
To: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/11/2004 19:30:46
Hi,

> Hmm, I have something that's possibly related - the USB bus locks up after a
> while. It doesn't seem to be load related - I can't reliably provoke it by
> transferring lots of data so it seems to be totally random, it happens even
> when I only use a keyboard, usually within an hours.
>
> I'm using a CMD OHCI card in a UMAX S900 running NetBSD 2.0G from yesterday -
> this happened with all 2.0 versions I tried (started with 2.0F and updated
> pretty often) No idea about 1.6.2, didn't use it heavy enough to be sure
> about it, but it didn't seem to have this problem.

Try this: if your card is in one of the three lower slots (assuming the
S900 has the same orientation as a 9600), then try it in the top three
slots and see if the problem still happens.

If the problem goes away, then there are a few other problems to discuss.
If not, well, not sure what to tell you.

John