Subject: Re: Open firmware usb keyboard problem
To: Jakob Stasilowicz <kuba@unix.se>
From: Paul Frommeyer <paul@palas.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/14/2004 14:18:18

Well, this isn't in the direction you want to go, but FWIW,
you can zap the PRAM (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238)
which will restore your default boot behavior. If the Mac doesn't
respond to the reset sequences on the keyboard, you may well have a bad
keyboard or USB port, and that's where I'd start investigating next.
There is also the possibility that Apple OFW is persnickety and wants
an Apple keyboard, but those familiar with OFW internals can speak
to that...

.02,
	Paul

| Hello all,
| I have a "slight" problem with my imac 333mhz (er, atleast I think
| that's what it is).
| When I boot it the Open firmware starts up, my guess is that auto-boot
| is set to false.
| However, I'm not able to type anything at the prompt using a regular
| usb-keyboard.
| It's not an apple keyboard, but a standard, cheap usb keyboard I used
| to use with my pc.
|
| Is there a way to fix this? I don't seem to able to boot anything at
| this point, which is kind of sad
| since I planned to run netbsd on it...
|
| Jakob Stasilowicz <kuba@unix.se>

                          Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer
             Work         Internet Engineer, CCIE               Play
     Senior Network Engineer                          Network Sorcerer At Large
   Deskey Integrated Branding                            Paul's Fone Company
     pfrommeyer@deskey.com                                corwin@palas.com
          *** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***