Subject: hanging G4/733
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/10/2003 01:18:34
hi folks.

my G4/733 seems pretty unstable.  i can't run it for more than a couple
of days without it hanging it seems.  it isn't a complete hang, as tcp
connection are accepted still, ping works, but no processes appear to be
scheduled.  i finally was not running X when it hung, and attempted to
drop to ddb but all i got was this (from my msgbuf):

trap type 1300 at 29e180
panic: trap
Begin traceback...
0xd5ab1c90: at trap+93c
0xd5ab1cc0: kernel BPT trap by cpu_Debugger+10: srr1=0x9032
            r1=0xd5ab1d80 cr=0x48000024 xer=0 ctr=0x2ffe2c
  <?>  : at cpu_Debugger+c
0xd5ab1d80: at m_freem+130
0xd5ab1d90: at internal_command+150
0xd5ab1da0: at wskbd_translate+148
0xd5ab1de0: at wskbd_input+68
0xd5ab1e20: at ukbd_decode+254
0xd5ab1e80: at ukbd_delayed_decode+10
0xd5ab1e90: at softclock+220
0xd5ab1ed0: at do_pending_int+200
0xd5ab1f00: at splx+28
0xd5ab1f10: at pool_drain+64
0xd5ab1f20: at uvm_pageout+138
0xd5ab1f40: at cpu_switchto+70

i'm not sure what this trace is telling me.  everything from
'do_pending_int' is probably from my ctl-alt-esc... but what's
the rest of it saying?

anyone have a clue here?  it's been plaguing me for a year or so
(ever since i setup the machine) but seems to have gotten worse
in the past month or so.  i've never been able to get anything more
than "hangs, but can still ping" from it....

.mrg.