Subject: Re: Memory-testing utilities?
To: John Gordon <john_94501@yahoo.com>
From: Kevin Mudrick <kevin@furhurts.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/04/2003 14:21:16
--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

> Do you mean ssh over an ethernet connection in the latter case? There is a
> known problem it seems with the serial driver (I posted something about i=
t a
> while back and was told that it was known). It can lock up, making the ma=
chine
> appear to be locked.

Yes, ssh over ethernet.. well, from one machine to the netbsd box, on
the same network (same hub).  I notice, lots of times, that using serial
connection, if I type too much or too quickly (like, scrolling through
something, hitting the one of the arrow keys repeatedly), it locks, but
I am usually able to still ssh in.

> I don't see it when using the network though (using ssh). When it is
> locked up, have you tried pinging its ethernet network address from
> another machine? In my case that was the clue that the thing was still
> running and it was just the serial link that was down.

Yeah.. in this particular instance, the ssh connection went down, and
pinging its ip address got no response, so I'm assuming the whole
machine locked up.

thanks,
kevin

--=20
 kevin mudrick // kevin@furhurts.com
 "What happened to puberty?  Bad skin and insecurity?
  And who the f*ck is Felicity?  Cuz I got problems of my own"
  - goldfinger, "spokesman"

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--