Subject: Re: Boot question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Stilwell <netbsd@hammock.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/26/2002 10:01:16
I ran in to this problem with my Beige G3 desktop with the same OF
version.  My G3 has two internal SCSI adapters: the onboard mesh and the
PCI ATTO add-on card (factory installed by Apple) that the hard disk was
connected to.

Check in your OF prompt for the following device:

/pci/Apple53C875Card/

The tricky part was that the firmware on the PCI SCSI card itself needed
to be updated.  This can be found at
http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25176 .  This unfortunately needed to
be installed under Mac OS >=8.6, if I recall correctly.  I think I was
able to do it with a Mac OS boot CD with the update on a floppy, however.

Once you install this update, you can boot from the OF prompt to
/pci/Apple53C875Card/sd@0:0 if my memory serves me correctly.  Hope this
helps!

Blair Stilwell