Subject: Re: Darwin/MacOS X UFS on NetBSD (and/or FFS on Darwin)?
To: Darrin B. Jewell <dbj@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/08/2002 15:10:17
At 2:42 PM -0500 3/8/02, you wrote:

:)I have a stable NetBSD system that can mount either NetBSD FFS or
:)Apple UFS partitions, but haven't had the chance to get them reviewed
:)or in the tree.

OK.  Will we be able to have NetBSD root partitions on UFS?  That'd be
really handy for laptops which have limited drive space.

I can install OSX on my 7500 and test any potential UFS trashings if that'd
help.

:)issues we might want to resolve now in case we ever want to support
:)NeXTstep filesystems in the future.

Ahhh, that'd be pretty nice for my cube and hp 9000/735 (once NetBSD/hp700
is more stable).

:)Thanks for the reminder,

No problem.  I was just thinking of ways to best utilize the tiny HD on my
PowerBook and thought of it.

  -- MW