Subject: Re: Tell me again why we want floppy images?
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/17/2001 21:50:43
At 11:42 AM -0700 7/17/01, "Henry B. Hotz" wrote:

:)I just formatted a 1.44MB floppy as MS-DOS and copied ofwboot.xcf and
:)netbsd.ram.gz onto it.  I renamed the latter to netbsd.gz.
:)
:)It boots on an OF 1.0.5 machine with
:)
:)boot fd:1,ofwboot.xcf netbsd.gz
:)
:)No DiskCopy, no SunTar, no nothing, straight into the installer.
:)Obviously ofwboot got a little smarter somewhere along the line.

That is definitely easier.  The next question is "will it work on all
models that have floppy drives".

Can some people check their other OF 1.0.5 and OF 2.0.x and 2.4 machines to
see if this works?  Once there's enough consensus that this method
universally works, I'm all for changing the instructions/FAQ.