Subject: Re: imac summer 2000 with 1.5
To: Tom Winchester <tom.winchester@internode.on.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/11/2001 08:20:58
At 11:58 PM +0930 7/11/01, Tom Winchester wrote:

:)Hi there.

Howdy!

:)I just noticed that the list of supported models for netbsd-macppc does
:)not include the imac summer 2000 model.
:)
:)I find it strange that no one else has reported a succesful boot for
:)this model, but I have been running it since mid-march on my machine. So
:)I thought I'd better report it to you good people.

It's not listed as supported, because no one posted here that it works.
Every once in a while I post a message to the list with the models that I
haven't heard reports about, prompting people to let me know their status.

Having now heard about the iMac (Summer 2000), I'll update the docs (though
it's probably too late for the 1.5.1 INSTALL notes).

:)I am still trying to get the internal modem to work, but everything else
:)seems OK.

There are known problems with a) ppp on macppc, and b) built-in serial
ports that no one has had time (or incentive) to fully debug.  Check out
the PRs in the database for more info.

Thanks for letting us know that your model works.

  -- MW