Subject: Re: g4 cube install woes
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@onthejob.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/15/2001 20:44:54
Miles,

I was having the same problem. I have made a marginal improvement by
compiling a 1.5.1 kernel, but I do not have a ramdisk image to poke
into the kernel with mdsetimage, so I'm still stuck. I tried to use
'boot.fs' from the the NetBSD/macppc CD-ROM as my ramdisk, but that made
the kernel barf. I've also tried cross-compiling all of NetBSD/macppc
on my NetBSD/i386 box at work, to no avail: Internal compiler error.

If you have an NetBSD/macppc already operating on a different computer
than your Cube, then your best bet is probably to create a kernel,
with ramdisk, from 1.5.1 sources *there*, and then burn it to a CD-ROM.
I will give you more detailed instructions, or point you at instructions
on the Web, just let me know. I need the kernel just as badly as you do.

Dave

--
David Young                   On the Job Consulting
dyoung@onthejob.net     Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933