Subject: Re: PowerBook G3 Wallstreet, OOPS
To: Joshua Perry <jperry@contacts.com>
From: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/02/2001 13:28:42
On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 12:48:43PM -0700, Joshua Perry wrote:

> Then I did a reset-all.  Well, now when I try to turn it on it makes the boot chime and then just sits there with a black screen.  I don't even hear the hard drive spin up.

this is the exact symptom shown when setting your *-base's on a
OF3 machine.. i discovered this on a pismo.. it had to be sent to
Apple to be fixed.

curiously after i had this thread on here about it, the FAQ
popped up with lots of warnings about not setting your base's :)

  c.

(no reference to 'all your base')
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com    Melbourne, Australia