Subject: PageUp powers off PowerBook
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/13/2001 18:42:41
Hello all,

I'm running NetBSD 1.5 (release) on a PowerBook G3 (Lombard, so adb
keyboard).  If I repeatly press the PageUp key (press and hold the Fn
key and then press up arrow) while X is running, my PowerBook shuts
itself off, just as if I had removed power.  Furthermore, all my open
firmware settings (eg, boot-device) are reset to their factory
defaults.  I use PageUp to scroll my xterms.  When I initially press
PageUp, the xterm properly scrolls back; however, once I've scrolled
all the way to the top of the xterm, if I continue pressing PageUp,
then my PB powers off.  I see the same behavior when I'm not in X,
just using the wscons, although often times I'll be dropped into the
kernel debugger rather than the system powering off.  PageDown, Home
and End all seem to work fine and don't cause any problems.

Anybody else see this?

John