Subject: Installing NetBSD on 7300/200
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Ralph Dratman <ralph@maxsoft.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/31/2001 17:57:13
Hello.

I want to ask this as in as positive and cooperative a manner as possible...

Why is the install of NetBSD-macppc so, uh, thrillingly exciting and
challenging? I've been, um, enjoying the effort for several days now.
Listening to those very nice "bong" sounds at reboot. It just enters
my mind... and this might be ridiculous... that with all the agony
imposed by Open (sic) Firmware, would it make more sense to just
*bypass* OF and use some kind of fake System/Finder on a CD that
would boot via the standard Mac path, then switch over to the NetBSD
installer?

I apologize if this or a similar question has been asked a thousand
times. I tried searching the archives but was not finding anything
along these lines.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ralph Dratman