Subject: Re: Problems installing on a G3 Yosemite
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Tyler Mitchell <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/14/2000 18:32:31
On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> At 1:22 PM -0500 7/14/00, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> >I get this very same error when attempting to boot a new PowerBook
> >G3/400Mhz laptop.  Actually, "boot hd:,ofwboot.elf" and
> >"boot hd:,ofwboot.xcf" both work fine, but "boot hd:,boot.fs" does not.
> >
> >What should I type at the Boot: prompt of ofwboot.elf?
>
> What's the name of the netbsd kernel on the same device as ofwboot?

netbsd.ram.gz

(I'm using files from the 1.5_ALPHA snapshot)

> I sent an email yesterday detailing what the input at the Boot: prompt can be.

Ahh, yes.  Thank you.

> It sounds like you could do 'boot hd:,ofwboot.elf -a' followed by the
> name of your kernel at the prompt.  Better yet you may be able to
> skip ofwboot and just do 'boot hd:,netbsd' (or whatever your kernel
> name is).

Newer version of OF can directly load kernels?  Cool.
When I typed:

boot hd:,ofwboot.elf -a

And when it asked me what file to boot ("Boot:"), I typed in netbsd.ram.gz
and it gave me an error (something like "no such file or directory").

--
Tyler Mitchell