Subject: Re: Booting from PCI cards
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@ee.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/24/2000 21:34:34
On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

>     Is it possible that Apple's System Disk would have a patch for this? I'm
> sure apple would like to boot OS X off their 2940/UW cards too :)

A worthy suggestion, but one that (alas) doesn't help me.  It didn't
create an "open" word, and didn't let me boot from my Adaptec card.
BTW, my 2940UW, isn't an Apple OEM -- it was store-bought.

Did you know that Adaptec has two Firmware installers, one for OF
1.0.5 systems and one for >=2.X systems?  They use the terms "A/V systems"
(7300 thru 8600) and "non-A/V systems".  I'd rather not try the "non-A/V
system" Firmware, as I don't have a "non-A/V system" to flash it back in.
I'm not sure why they don't include the 9500/9600 in the "A/V systems"
group, do they not have OF 1.0.5?

Ah well.  Thanks anyways for the suggestion,
  -- MW