Subject: Re: Support for ATI XCLAIM PCI card
To: None <ewinkler@erols.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 02/23/2000 11:01:24
Yes it is, your stuck with 8 plane (256 color) and at 1024x768
(usually).

do a dev / ls at the OF prompt and look for something like
ATY,XCLAIMVRPro@[slot number] Then you need to change your output
device variable with:

setenv output /pci/ATY,XCLAIMVRPro@[slot number]
	I honestly don't remember if its /pci/ATY,... or /pci/mac-io/ATY,
     check the dev tree first.

WARNING: If you mess this up and input the wrong device setting you will
not be able to type to the system with the keyboard, and will
necessitate
you having a serial console to plug into your modem port, either that or
reset your PRAM with Command-Option-P-R at system startup if you can,
otherwise you'll need a serial console to get the settings right. (And
of
course I wouldn't know this from personal experience)

	Chris