Subject: Re: Serial ports, pppd- problem
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Pawel Jaskorzynski <pawel@mw.mil.pl>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/1999 09:27:36
Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Please try the alphabet, both upper and lower case, and tell me which
> letters don't make it. At first glance, it sounds like a parity problem.

More or less, here are the characters that are not displayed properly on
the remote terminal:
yup[]asdghkl;zvbnm,./12478=@#%^&*)|QWERTIOAFJLXC>

> To get that, do
> something like:
>
> cat /dev/tty00 &
> stty -f /dev/tty00 to your hearts content.
>
> Since the cat command keeps tty00 open, the stty settings will stick.

This helps, thanks. But setting line parameters (just like on my freebsd
machine) does not solve the above problem.

> Don't forget that tty00 is the modem, and tty01 is the printer.

I think it doesn't matter which line is the modem hooked to. My modem is
plugged into the printer port, since my serial console works on the
other one.

Greetings,
	Pawel