Subject: Re: NetBSD/G3 upgrade
To: James Spahr <james@designframe.com>
From: Dan Winship <danw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/1999 21:52:43
> BTW, I recently joined this list because I was debating installing BSD on
> my 3400. This list seems more like a developer's list, opposed to a users
> list. Is there a user/ (newbie?) list for the PPC port?

This is currently the only list for the (mac)PPC port. However,
there's no reason it couldn't be more user/newbieish if more
users/newbies sent mail. (The port-mac68k mailing list is like that.)
There's also the netbsd-users mailing list, although that's generic to
all ports.

Part of the problem is that the macppc port is still young (1.4 was
its first formal release), and so there's still very much development
that needs to be done, so the developers constantly have a lot to talk
about.

-- Dan